Monday, April 30, 2012

Finals Always Come at the Wrong Time

          Is it just me or do finals in college always come at the most inopportune times? First of all a lot of teachers (not all) will give you a ton of work that is due right before the finals which somewhat limits the time you have to study. Secondly there are so many big things going on in sports right now!
          Professors obviously don’t consider the sports fanatics when they are scheduling their syllabus. They have to know that the NHL and NBA playoffs are going on right now. Take last night for instance; while the Los Angeles Clippers are making possibly the greatest comeback in NBA playoff history against the Memphis Grizzlies I was studying for an Entrepreneurship final causing me to miss the entire game. Thank goodness for SportsCenter or I would have not got to see any of the highlights or anything.
          Another big thing I’ve been missing because of school is the Nashville Predators in the NHL playoffs. I picked up a bigger interest in the team after going to see them earlier this year. I now am completely rooting for them and have even bought a t-shirt to show my support. The team has become extremely more popular over the last two years because of their success. But because I have been so busy with school I have been subject to just seeing their highlights as well. 

          Finals are most likely not going to change because they are preset by the university, but the teachers could spread out when things are due a little more instead of waiting until the end of the semester and causing students to stress so much, or miss importing sporting events. But what is done is done so good luck fellow students and enjoy the exciting summer of sports.

1 comment:

  1. Man finals suck, they for sure will always come at the wrong time... I was watching the Grizz game last night, and figured I could just cut it off because we were up by 27 in the 3rd. Grizz still take it in 6 there's something powerful about a team that comes out every night and you can tell they have fun out there.

    ReplyDelete